Black Veil Brides Army Headquarters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Veil Brides Army Headquarters

A place for The BVB army to talk about Black Veil Brides. A place for fans to meet one another and have a great time.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What has Black Veil Brides done for you?

Go down 
+2
Tara
Acidic Dreaming
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Acidic Dreaming

Acidic Dreaming

What has Black Veil Brides done for you? Empty
PostSubject: What has Black Veil Brides done for you?   What has Black Veil Brides done for you? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Basically what the title says. Are they just a band that you like for you, or do they represent something much bigger and more important?

For me, personally, they've done so much. They've taught me how to truly be myself and how to brush off most insults people throw at me on a regular basis. They never fail to make me smile, and they've saved me from doing some...pretty stupid things various times since I've gotten into them. If I'd never heard of them, I promise, I'd be a completely different person today. Wouldn't be as confident, and probably still incredibly depressed.
Back to top Go down
http://acidicdreaming.tumblr.com/
Tara

PostSubject: Re: What has Black Veil Brides done for you?   What has Black Veil Brides done for you? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Well, they've made music that I like a lot. cheers

I can relate to the music and lyrics, even though I personally have never really had a hard time growing up and looking different. Well, I think everybody goes to some things in life, but I never had to deal with things like bullying, luckily.

What I just really like is the positive message the band has. I think that is really what people need these days.
Back to top Go down
JelmerBVB

JelmerBVB

PostSubject: Re: What has Black Veil Brides done for you?   What has Black Veil Brides done for you? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:05 am

For me they represent the return of good rock music. Black Veil Brides really goes for the Rock n' Roll image, the important message they bring and then ofcourse the music.

It's one out of 2 bands in my playlist that are able to take over the world, like Andy says in many interviews.

Black Veil Brides haven't saved me from doing any deadly things, I'm not like that, but they have taught me to just.. don't give a fck.
First I took all the bullying very personal and had some rough times and when I got to listen BVB things got a lot better, just by their way of saying 'You are you and no-one can change you.'
Back to top Go down
ElizabethMarie
Admin
ElizabethMarie

PostSubject: Re: What has Black Veil Brides done for you?   What has Black Veil Brides done for you? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Well, they aren't my favorote band in the world but I do like them a lot. I love the image and the music. I agree with Jelmer, they are definitely bringing actual Rock n' Roll back into the world. What ever happened to rockstars anyways? They all became hardcore (not to down hardcore, I do like some of it). They're that original Motley Crue/ Kiss Rock n' Roll image and I absolutely love that. I also love that they're not just being rockstars but sending a good message to people who need it in order to get by. I've had bands do that for me when I was in those times so I'm glad others have them.

I've had them help me in a small way. My friends and I have been going through a lot of death and sickness and such and emotional/mental stability problems in the small group. I completely fell to the bottom when I lost my mom. It got to the point where I couldn't listen to music. It didn't feel right. Music has always been my wavelength for emotion to come out and work itself out through me. All music did at that point was make me drown further in emotion and thoughts that I couldn't handle.

I had started really getting into Black Veil Brides by that point and listening to them didn't open the flood gates, just a small crack. It was enough to start working through it a little bit at a time and eventually it opened me up to the bands that are close to my heart and would help me the best. So they were a stepping stone but one I wouldn't be ok without so yea.
Back to top Go down
SaraLeann
Admin
SaraLeann

PostSubject: Re: What has Black Veil Brides done for you?   What has Black Veil Brides done for you? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 am

"Singing songs of the old days
Try to remember what’s gone by
Stronger in new ways
Don’t care what they say,
This is your life
It’s time to rejoice

Rise up and celebrate your life
We’re not alone in our Ritual
Sing for what you feel inside
Becoming one with our Ritual"

More extremely meaningful and inspirational lyrics by BVB. Ritual is one of my favorite songs right now. Going to concerts always helps me get through hardships in my life. On hard days, I can sit on my porch with a cigarette watching the trains go by and listen to this song knowing that the next show will help me get through the hard times.

I will post more later.
Back to top Go down
ElizabethMarie
Admin
ElizabethMarie

PostSubject: Re: What has Black Veil Brides done for you?   What has Black Veil Brides done for you? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Sara, you don't get a placeholder post. Wink
Back to top Go down
LuffieJJ

LuffieJJ

PostSubject: Re: What has Black Veil Brides done for you?   What has Black Veil Brides done for you? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:32 am

They didn't really save me from things (I didn't know them while I was going through hard times) but if I had known them back then, Im sure they would have saved me.
I got into their music because I love the way it sounds and after listening to them for a while, I realized that they are a big inspiration.

The passion and determination that they have inspires me more than anything. I want to be like that: Take over the world with what you love most and do best (Photography in my case). I live in a small studentflat, on my own and I have a massive BVB poster (the big Kerrang one) hanging in my kitchen. I take a look at it every morning and tell myself that if I work hard and keep on going, I can achieve my goals, just like they did.

I just love their music, it's great to listen to, but it also has a meaning. Andy means what he sings and he knows what he is talking about. They're just a great band, musically and with the message they spread =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.luffiejj.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has Black Veil Brides done for you?   What has Black Veil Brides done for you? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What has Black Veil Brides done for you?
Page 1 of 1