Black Veil Brides Army Headquarters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Veil Brides Army Headquarters

A place for The BVB army to talk about Black Veil Brides. A place for fans to meet one another and have a great time.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WTSW Anniversary

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ElizabethMarie
Admin
ElizabethMarie

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:06 pm

So, I don't have a hardcopy of the cd but I do have it on my itunes. Doesn't matter how you got it, I want to know what happened when you heard it! Post what happened and what you thought when you first heard the album.

It was an interesting experience for me. I had actually download the album at first. I wanted to see if I would like the band or not. I put it on my ipod and I sat back to listen to it. I was very impressed. That was the first time I really heard the message of BVB. How could you miss it? It was in the lyrics, in the notes of music. It was in the words of the opening track. That was one of the first few moments that I went from thinking they were pretty cool to really starting to like them a lot. I kept on listening, I couldn't stop. I started looking up the videos and interviews. After a little bit of that I was hooked. And now here I am! Congratz BVB, you've really made it far!!! cat
Back to top Go down
SaraLeann
Admin
SaraLeann

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 pm

I stole it from Elizabeth, listened to it, loved it. Then I went out and bought a hard copy of the CD.

I am so happy to see that BVB has come this far in only a year.

World Domination is in our grasp. lol

Congratulations to Black Veil Brides!
Back to top Go down
Acidic Dreaming

Acidic Dreaming

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:55 pm

It was actually pretty awesome how I got it. I'd known about it for months when it was going to come out, so today, last year, I got up extra early to bus to Hot Topic right when it opened so I could get in right away, buy the album, and listen to it all day.

That day was wonderful
Back to top Go down
http://acidicdreaming.tumblr.com/
KaySixx428

KaySixx428

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:51 pm

Lol I actually found out about black veil brides about a year before the CD actually came out, I spent most of it playing and replaying knives and pens on youtube and listening to their EPs. Then The day came and i can tell you i had my alarm set, forced my friends to come with me to hot topic bought the CD and a tshirt just for good measure. lol spent the rest of the year playing that and singing to it XD
Back to top Go down
http://live4insanity.tumblr.com/
ElizabethMarie
Admin
ElizabethMarie

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:13 pm

@Acidic & Katy - That's cool. I've never gone early on the day of an album's release to pick up a cd. Usually if I'm that much into an album I pre-order it and get it in the mail a few days before it comes out. Altho, I can imagine me doing that when I didn't have a debit card in high school.

Recently the only band I was close to something like that is Get Scared. I only had a handful of songs to listen to but no actual cd. I still haven't bought the cd cuz I'm a horrible person and I downloaded it as soon as I could but I am going to get it soon. I didn't have any bands I really obsessed over like that in high school...well I did...but not...I dunno. But either way I find what you did cool cat
Back to top Go down
Acidic Dreaming

Acidic Dreaming

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Haha, yeah, that's why I went to Hot Topic to get it. No debit card to pre-order it with! I DID, however, have Get Scared's album pre-ordered for me for my birthday and I got that in the mail recently. Wonderful album, not to get off topic LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://acidicdreaming.tumblr.com/
theBVBgirl

theBVBgirl

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:44 pm

I don't have a hardcopy of the album...not yet at least. After I had discovered and fell in love with 'Fallen Angels', I was curious to find more music from BVB, and went on a pretty rampant search haha.

I listened to the 30 second previews of the WSTW album on itunes and was quite impressed, but also a little confused. The songs seemed to be almost a completley different music style compared to 'Fallen Angels', but still equally as awsome. I decided to go ahead with the download nonetheless, and listened to pretty much nothing else for the rest of the week. 'Carolyn', 'Sweet Blashpemy' and 'Never Give in' would be my top 3 picks, but really every song on the album holds a special place in my heart, and I think I could listen any one of them over and over without getting tired Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/theBVBgirl
ElizabethMarie
Admin
ElizabethMarie

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 pm

@Jelmer haha well I mentioned Get Scared first so meh. But they are awesome in their own right.

@theBVBgirl that's really cool. So are you a newer fan? Yea, I have a download problem but my deal is, downloading for me is like listening to a friend's cd. Normally if I don't like it I delete it or don't listen to it again. If I like something and I'm going to listen to it then I buy a hard copy. I don't like to buy stuff on iTunes only because I feel better owning a hard copy and I like having the booklet that I can either get signed or just flip through every once in a while and look at the lyrics and whatnot. So yea.

I really do love Carolyn. I think it is so pretty. It gives me chills whenever I hear it. I don't know why but it does.
Back to top Go down
theBVBgirl

theBVBgirl

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah, I only discovered BVB about 2 months ago, so I guess I would be considered a fairly new fan. I'm still upset that I didn't find out about them earlier though.

I'll definatley be picking up a hard copy of WSTW though. I would probably own one by now, if the nearest Hot Topic wasn't an hour away from me lol. I also like having hard copies for the purpose of signings, the booklets etc. But, I usually download the album as well as a backup, just in case the hardcopy gets lost/damaged.

'Carolyn' is a really pretty song indeed. I was just wondering though, I've looked everywhere for a live version, but can't seem to find one anywhere. I'm starting to think there aren't any. If so, is there a reason why BVB has never performed this song live?

Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/theBVBgirl
ElizabethMarie
Admin
ElizabethMarie

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:25 am

Wow yea. I've never been too far away from a Hot Topic for some reason. Even up here in NorCal it's pretty close altho I hear it's the saddest looking Hot Topic ever.

I haven't been a fan too too long...I don't think. I've been really listening to them since around December 2010 I think.....I don't remember. So no worries. The only time it matters how long someone has been a fan is when they are being elitist...I think that's stupid. Or when they're trying to act like they're so much better than me (I guess that's still elitist but now it's aimed at me and not in general)

And you know, I have no clue for sure whether they did a live version. I swear there is. I swear I've seen it before. I'll have to go look through all the videos I have and look around and see if I can find one for you. I love you I will try my best cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WTSW Anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTSW Anniversary   WTSW Anniversary Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTSW Anniversary
Page 1 of 1