Black Veil Brides Army Headquarters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Veil Brides Army Headquarters

A place for The BVB army to talk about Black Veil Brides. A place for fans to meet one another and have a great time.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Go down 
+6
LuffieJJ
JelmerBVB
Acidic Dreaming
SaraLeann
NataBVB
Sad_housewife
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: New member   New member Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi I'm Janet from the Uk , married with 2 kids aged 18 and 15 .....love rock music....... fairly new BVB fan but totally obsessed with them which is a bit embarrassing at my age but hey never too old to rock !! Fav' somgs are Love isnt always fair and Die for you Looking forward to meeting other like minded fans and being part of the BVB army!! x Ps any one seeing them at S'hampton Uni' in Oct' ?
Back to top Go down
NataBVB

NataBVB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Welcomeeeeeee ^^

No,its not embarrassing and as you said never too old to rock Razz Have fun here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaraLeann
Admin
SaraLeann

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:16 pm

HI Janet! It's great to see fans of all ages on here!!! I absolutely love the diversity of the BVB army. Do your kids like Black Veil Brides? Love Isn't Always Fair is a good song, they are using it as their opening song on Warped Tour right now and I think it fits really well.

I know there are a few people on here going to shows in October, but I am sure which ones...

Back to top Go down
Acidic Dreaming

Acidic Dreaming

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:04 am

Older fans are great, you're never to old to love a band to death! Have fun seeing them.
Back to top Go down
http://acidicdreaming.tumblr.com/
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: Hi and Thank you !   New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:57 am

Hi ,
Thank you so much for the lovely warm welcome!
Glad you dont think I'm too old ! I like to think I'm not past it just yet!

My kids are coming with me to see BVB dont think they're into them as much as me .....my other half wont come hes more into Motorhead !
Havent been to a gig since I saw Guns N Roses on their Use Your Illusion tour back in the early 90s !!

I see Natas photo with Jinx .....lucky girl.... has anyone else meet them ? x

Great to meet you all ...... Smile
Back to top Go down
SaraLeann
Admin
SaraLeann

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:23 am

Yes, I have met all of them and was in the Fallen Angels music video. They are great guys! You will probably get the chance to meet them when you go to their show. <3

It's cool that your kids are into them at all. My parents and I never really had similar music tastes.
Back to top Go down
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: Meeting them !   New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 am

Hi,
How fantastic that must have been for you ... what an experience to always treasure ...hope you got lots of photos? ....I really hope we get to meet them if they do a pre or post gig ' meet the fans' when they come here !

I think we were determined when we had kids to try and be more understanding and have a better realtionshiop than we had with our own parents not to repeat their mistakes ... I want my children to see that you can do and be anything in life and not be dragged down by what people tell you you can/cant do which is why I like BVB so much and what they represent
......I seem to have become more immature as I've got older or I've just never really grown up!

Sorry bit' heavy' for this time of the morning !
Back to top Go down
JelmerBVB

JelmerBVB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:15 am

"......I seem to have become more immature as I've got older or I've just never really grown up!"

lol I'm only 17 and having the same problem (:

I welcome you in the Army and just to tell you what I think of age, it's just a number.
Don't care what your age is, if you like the music and the style you're welcome!
Back to top Go down
NataBVB

NataBVB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:22 am

I'm going to sound off topic here but you were so lucky about the Guns n Roses live <3 I am jealous of you!

I'm sure that you will meet them Wink so don't worry Very Happy I wish i could afford london again or any place in UK -i like UK- but unforunately i can't Sad

Back to top Go down
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: H again   New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:30 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Jelmer .....enjoy being 17 ...time goes by fast enough ! x

Nata ...Yes Guns N Roses were great ...saw them x 2 ...I'm a big Slash fan !

London is a great city but it is very expensive ...We live about an hour away but dont get to visit as often as I 'd like ! x
Back to top Go down
NataBVB

NataBVB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:08 pm

oh yeap he is amazing Very Happy

Oh well,i can say that it is expensive but you have variety in lots of things,in general.I wish i was an hour away ^^
Back to top Go down
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: Hi    New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:15 pm

Yes we are pretty spoilt here for choice of things ......we dont really appreciate it !

I've never been to Greece but I belive it is a beautiful place ?

Where is your foto with Jinx taken ? x
Back to top Go down
NataBVB

NataBVB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:54 pm

You have to appreciate it people xD

oh it is in London and its actually inside the "HMVFORUM" -i think the club is called like that- i can admit that i remember how to go back there.I mean i memorized everything because i was anxious that i will get lost.

Greece as a place is really beautiful,i love my country but i just cant stand it anymore.Its a big chaos,you cant do anything and you cant find anything unless you are lucky to live in or close to Athens.I live in a suburb and if i want to find something i have to go downtown.So,yeah through my point of view Greece sucks but for Holidays,its a really beautiful place.
Back to top Go down
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re; new member   New member Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi Nata ,
Recognise the name HMV there is a big one in London ...were Bvb doing a signing when you saw them ? How long ago was that ... Very envious that you met them .....who is your favourite member of the band ? Were they what you expected?

We are so spoilt here especially here in the South of the Uk very near to lots of things ..... but I can understand your frustation with your counrty ...hopefully things will improve very soon ! x
Back to top Go down
NataBVB

NataBVB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:21 pm

okay,sorry for not saying too much about it but i feel weird when i do because i still can't believe it.It happened in February during their visit in Uk.It was a meet and greet and it lasted 1 hour and a half.It was before the show and i was with cindy,my friend dina and carolyn (bvbfrance).They were far from what i expected.I have to state here that i was a tokio hotel fan -i still am-and because tokio hotel are not so into their fans anymore i mean they do meet and greets with a really different way -no touching,no hugging and etc- i WAS MORE THAN shocked.I knew that bvb were open with their fans but i wasn't expecting this.All the boys were chatty and wanted to know about us.So,i have to admit that my expectations were lower than what actually i got.My favourite member? i cant actually find one!No jokes but before meeting them i used to like Andy more but after meeting them and seeing them how adorable they all are,I just cant love someone more! Apart from that ,this made me think a lot and i really saw things about how bands treat fans differently.I think that after the show they signed outside the venue but im not sure so its the same.I actually left after the show and i went back to our hotel.

Yeah and you have soooo much good stuff there.I wanted to move there xD You have Doctor who,you have noel fielding.You have a ton of artists that i can start saying that i love and yes they made me love UK more.You still have a royal family Razz You haveeee trains everywhere and you can go everywhere by trains.We can't xD You have cold weather <3 Okay i have to stop now xD I hope that i will graduate soon from college to move there xD
Back to top Go down
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: meeting BVB    New member Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:59 am

Hi again ,
Thank you so much for sharing that ..... you were so lucky to meet them.... it sounds really great and Im very envious!! Smile You have some fantastic memories to treasure !
Its so nice to hear that they are such lovely guys and so interested in meeting their fans .......sometimes you hear that some groups are a bit disappointing or like you say Tokio Hotel are a bit more aloof and not as friendly .
I think they are quite unusal in their approach to fans as years ago this just didnt happen the same, obviously things like twitter and facebook make bands much more accessible than they used to be .

I hope they never change !

I really hope we get to experience something similar when they come to the Uk again.

I like Tokio Hotel too ( what do think of Bills new look with the beard ?) and Dr Who , Noel Fielding etc

Wish we could have some of your hot weather as its pouring down again here ! Xx
Back to top Go down
LuffieJJ

LuffieJJ

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Hello!
It's great to see that BVB also has "older" dedicated fans. Age indeed is nothing but a number, I just think it is awesome that it's not just people in their teens/early 20s who love them.

I wish I had a mom who loved rock music and would take me to gigs, so you must be an awesome mom!
Back to top Go down
http://www.luffiejj.deviantart.com
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: Thank you !   New member Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Oh thank you... thats sweet of you .... I hope I am ! Not sure my kids think I'm that 'cool' all the time but I try Smile

Actually I think Im having a ' mid life crisis' if you've heard of that ? The older I get the more I 'm trying to hang on to my youth !

Horrible getting older and realising that may be you cant do all the things you used to or would like to do once you get to a certain age ..... but music has always been a big part of my life and I'd be lost with out it Smile

Back to top Go down
NataBVB

NataBVB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh yeah well, i dont think bvb will ever change on how they approach their fans because they want to know their fans.
Tokio hotel did change because they were some serious reasons -some of them i respect- and according to me they dont care anymore to know their fans.

Oh well,i do like him without beard and with long hair xD but i dont mind his beard.I have to state that LA really changed them a lot!
What about u?

Back to top Go down
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re; new member   New member Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi again sorry bit off topic ,
Yes didnt Tokio Hotel have a problem with a few fans stalking them and causing trouble ? ...not good but a shame if it has 'removed' them from a closer relationship with their fans.
Always liked Bills look although my husband thought he was a pretty girl and quite fancied him Embarassed
Do like the more recent look but prefer him with longer hair .. like their music though ...wonder how influenced living in LA will change their sound ?
It seems a bit odd that the other two members of the band have stayed in Germany if I'm correct ? Not sure how that would work !

Back to top Go down
blackveilcassidy

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 3:11 pm

I don't know how to use these forum thingys but I love BvB, I think they're amaaaazing and their new and old fans are all so dedicated to them it's great!

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Back to top Go down
ElizabethMarie
Admin
ElizabethMarie

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Random couple of things..first of all...I get the whole midlife crisis thing. I'm only 25 but I'm starting to spaz at my birthdays now. I guess it also comes with having friends who are young a couple that barely turned 21, one who is still a year or two off from it. It also doesn't help that whenever I go to shows the crowd seems younger and younger. I didn't start really going to shows till I was 20 so I feel like I'm a late bloomer. Granted I look like I'm 15 so I blend in but it's still awkward...

And what's this about Tokio Hotel living in LA?!?!?!?!?!? Am I confusing something here because that's what it sounds like...
Back to top Go down
Sad_housewife

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member    New member Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Its really only as I have got to mid 40's that the age thing has really hit home ......probably my son hitting 18 this year which was the age I was when I met my husband makes me really feel my age plus nothing like having a 15yr daughter to bring me back down to earth ...... kids can be brutally honest sometimes Crying or Very sad

I envy you if you look younger than you really are ..enjoy it for as long as you can !

Iam slightly nervous of standing out a bit when I go see BVB in Oct' esp' if there will be alot of younger girls there .....I cant stand screaming !

I could be wrong but Im sure on a couple of Tokio Hotel sites it said that Bill and Tom had moved to LA to work with their producers etc this was a few months back.
Back to top Go down
NataBVB

NataBVB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Sorry for the late reply xD

Yes tom and bill moved to LA for the new album and in general because it was difficult to live in Germany after all.Too much stalking!They needed a space where they can live so for me its okay.Georg and Gustav if we like it or not they are not so popular like the twins and they have what we call low profiles and they wanted to stay with their families.So they stayed back in Germany.I assume that all of this happened because they needed a break and its fine by me.They are almost a year in LA and see Bill got fatter in LA haha! j/k but they have a life there now and i respect that.Its also good for the promotion in Usa!However, postponing things like what Bill said about the new album coming up next year,this is good because they will have time to write good stuff not like the old days but i hope somthing proper.

I suggest that if we want to talk more about TH,we should open a discussion thread in the related category because we are here to welcome sad_housewife xD I wasnt sure that there are Tokio Hotel fans around,i've not done it yet Smile

Back to top Go down
ElizabethMarie
Admin
ElizabethMarie

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:19 am

I enjoy looking young actually. I get a kick out of it a lot but sometimes it gets annoying. I've had people ask me questions like what's my birthdate, what year I graduated high school, etc... because they thought my ID was fake. So those times it gets a little meh. It never happened when I was 21 or 22 but I guess once it's 25 and over they stop wanting to believe me, especially when I'm dressed in clothes that the kids are in (i.e. tshirt, jeans and sneaks)

And that's good for the twins. As long as they're happy with their life choices I can't help but be happy too Smile I look forward to another album, especially one that's influenced by their L.A. life. Wink I really can't believe it's been a year tho and I haven't heard anything of it....goodness, too many bands and not enough attention span to keep up with all of them. I should make a week for each band I like so that I can keep up with them better. lol. cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next